To the community
Castlemaine Health is an advocate for good health and wellbeing.
We are committed to providing a safe, supportive and compassionate environment for our staff, volunteers and patients. Our organisation celebrates diversity and is committed to upholding the principles of equity and inclusion.
We are extremely sensitive and mindful of the potentially harmful effects the recent survey to determine support for same sex marriage may have on individuals and our community.
We would like to state that we unequivocally support the vital role rights and participation play in good health and equity, and express our care and support for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ) members of the community.
Castlemaine Health will continue improving the responsiveness of its health service to LGBTIQ individuals when they seek our care. This is being done through:
- training key members of staff to guide organisational change
- formally identifying areas in which we can do better
- improving systems, processes and education, and monitoring our progress
- working towards ‘Rainbow Tick’ accreditation.
We take our responsibility for providing safe, supportive and compassionate care seriously. We will continue to do our utmost to improve the health of every person in our community.
Should anyone need support during this time, free confidential assistance and advice is available:
- Switchboard, a peer-based support line, phone 1800184527 or www.switchboard.org.au
- Lifeline, crisis support and suicide prevention, phone 131114 or www.lifeline.org.au
- BeyondBlue, support and advice, phone 1300224636 or www.beyondblue.org.au
The Board and Executive of Castlemaine Health